Sunday, July 15, 2012

It's the Little Things

It really is the little things that make the most difference. I'm so happy tonight I could cry. Not only has Liam started making more sounds and understanding "if....then....," he's been making more connections too. Tonight, after bath, I had Liam laying down on my bed. While I get him into his PJs I always sing songs to him and do finger plays.  So I started singing "if you're happy and you know it" and wouldn't you know it, my little prince clapped his hands in the right place, several times! I called Brian and Coby to watch! I helped him stomp his feet while laying down. Then when it was time to shout hooray, he raised his little fist in the air, all 3 times!  WHAT? 


We have so much we need to catch up on with Liam. Speech issues and social issues are at the top of our list. But tonight? Tonight I'm just so happy about something so trivial for many parents, but for me it's as if my Liam just got that much closer to the finish line in his marathon.



No comments:

Post a Comment